Sunday, January 31, 2010

Price Of Taxi License In Ohio How Are They Allowed To Be A Monopoly?

How are they allowed to be a monopoly? - price of taxi license in ohio

My people have the worst taxi system in the United States. The local taxi company charges a lot of money for a tour. May I know, a taxi company must keep one step ahead on the price of gas, so I work around, dass The taxi company that serves a large number of people with only a few cars, and so we found a significant Taxi call and waiting on hold. I was at a laundromat with six bags of laundry. I called a taxi and then, after forty minutes and went home. Again I was in a supermarket with a basket load. I called a taxi, and waited an hour and five minutes to pick me up. Recently, I was waiting for a taxi to another supermarket with two other people, and we had to wait an hour to go. The taxi company is the only game in town. I have heard that there are two licenses for running a taxi company in this area, and the owner of this car comOwners of both. The taxi company is a monopoly. This could be a rumor, but there are many people who have heard. My people deserve better. It should offer two taxi companies in competing for the fastest service at lower prices. How come nobody can hold two licenses? Is not that illegal? Why only two licenses to have in my area? If ten people who wanted to open a taxi company, each must grant a license, and should determine the local market, as if to survive. When I at my university told us that some companies should be limited, but this is different. What can we do to force the taxi company to sell a franchise, and open the door to a taxi company seconds?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who owns the taxi licenses in his city is a matter of public interest and to discover the facts, ask their civil servants in the city. If the license is not property of others must know why the cost for example, more than it should be. Your problem is probably the officials and the municipality has their opinion and political pressure put on them. This may be more effective if ave a group of people who think like you, then circulate petitions, attend the meeting with signs asking for more taxis, etc.

Anonymous said...

Who owns the taxi licenses in his city is a matter of public interest and to discover the facts, ask their civil servants in the city. If the license is not property of others must know why the cost for example, more than it should be. Your problem is probably the officials and the municipality has their opinion and political pressure put on them. This may be more effective if ave a group of people who think like you, then circulate petitions, attend the meeting with signs asking for more taxis, etc.

Post a Comment